Low Calorie Snacks To Aid in Weight Loss
If you are trying to lose weight and enjoy grazing on food all day, you are in luck! You can eat up to six meals a day and still lose weight!
How Can Eating More Often Helping Me Lose Weight?
- Digesting food actually burns calories and some foods such as celery burn more calories to digest than to consume.
- Keeping your sugar levels regulated will help avoid grabbing unhealthy snacks.
- You will be eating every two hours so you know you aren’t far from your next meal.
Change, Learn, Achieve
It takes effort to lose weight and keep it off. These healthy tips should help you develop a healthy lifestyle and reach your goals; however, it will take some effort. Anything worth attaining takes work, but it will be worth it.
- Including low calorie snacks in your meal planning does require a little planning and at first it may feel awkward but hang in there it will get easier and soon it will be just another part of you routine.
- You will not only be packing a cooler and changing your routine you will also be learning new recipes and shopping in unfamiliar areas.
- Look up healthy recipes and shop on the perimeter of the grocery store. Food items should be closest to their natural form.
- Replace white food with whole grains, oats, and pastas.
- Consume lean meats like chicken, turkey, fish, and lean red meats.
- Experiment with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Try what is in season and learn new recipes.
- Limit or avoid alcohol altogether.
- Drink plenty of water and eliminate sugary drinks including diet.
What’s In A Day?
Determining calorie count will determine how many calories you consume.
Once you’ve determined your caloric needs you can decide to place most of your calories for your meals and leave the rest for low calorie snacks. For example, if you require 1800 calories you can eat three 450 calorie meals and two 225 calorie snacks.
You can also add up your calories for the week and divide your meals and low calorie snacks on a weekly basis. This gives you room to eat bigger meals or snacks throughout the week.
A typical day might look like this:
8:00am breakfast, Oatmeal, 2 egg whites, toast, ½ a banana (approx. 400 calories)
10:00am Handful of Almonds, pear, (appox. 280 calories)
12:00 Grilled chicken salad made with cucumber, green leaf lettuce, and tomato, served on whole wheat pita bread, and a side of celery. (approx 450 calories)
2:00 Two Hard boiled eggs plain, with a slice of tomato (approx. 200 calories)
4:30 Baked Fish, Diced and baked redskin potatoes, steamed green beans, salad, (approx 350 cal)
6:30 Low fat cottage cheese, pineapple (appox 150 cal.)
Total calories= 1,830
Low calorie snacks can keep hunger at bay and encourage your metabolism to burn calories which will aid in your weight loss efforts. Good luck and happy snacking!